North Shore Medical Center (NSMC) is the North Shore’s largest healthcare provider, one of its largest employers and the second largest community hospital system in Massachusetts. With multiple hospitals, ambulatory care sites and physician offices, we offer comprehensive care
and a commitment to exceptional quality, safety and kindness. As a member of Partners HealthCare
, founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, NSMC provides patients with access to some of the most talented sub-specialists in the world through clinical collaborations.
Read about our proposed plan for a healthier north shore
Clinical collaborations with Mass General
NSMC maintains strong clinical collaborations with Mass General, working together to offer advanced inpatient and outpatient care in the community including cancer care
, cardiac care
, and urology
With adult emergency departments available at NSMC Salem Hospital and NSMC Union Hospital in Lynn, and pediatric emergency care offered in Salem, NSMC is one of the largest providers of emergency care in Massachusetts.
NSMC’s Medical Staff includes nearly 600 affiliated physicians representing primary care, family practice and 50 additional subspecialties. Many of these exceptional clinicians are part of North Shore Physicians Group, offering multi-specialty and primary care through 16 North Shore locations. All of our physicians and caregivers are connected through the same secure electronic medical record system used throughout Partners Health Care, enabling better coordination, efficiency and safety.
- NSMC Salem Hospital is a community teaching hospital that provides comprehensive adult and pediatric medical and surgical services. It is home to the NSMC Heart Center, the North Shore’s only comprehensive cardiac service offering interventional cardiology and cardiac surgery, as well as the complete obstetrical services of the Birthplace at Salem Hospital, emergency care and adult psychiatry. It is designated by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health as both a Primary Stroke Service Hospital and a Level III Trauma Center.
- NSMC Union Hospital provides high-quality, convenient health care to the residents of Lynn and surrounding communities. The clinical staff provides adult medical and surgical services including emergency care, convenient day surgery and other procedures. NSMC Union Hospital also offers interventional radiology, comprehensive imaging services, inpatient pediatric and senior/geriatric psychiatry services, cardiac rehabilitation, an infusion clinic and the Diabetes Management Program.
- Mass General for Children at North Shore Medical Center is based on the campus of NSMC Salem Hospital and provides a wide range of community and specialty pediatric services through a collaboration with Mass General Hospital for Children. Services include pediatric emergency care, a pediatric inpatient unit, pediatric psychiatry, physical, occupational, speech and audiology therapy as well as a range of subspeciality care in pediatric surgery, orthopaedics, cardiology, gastroenterology, otolaryngology and more.
- Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care is conveniently located off Rt. 128 in Danvers. Built on a long-standing collaboration in advanced inpatient care and residency programs, NSMC and Mass General opened the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care in Danvers in 2009, bringing the best of academic and community medicine together for patients from across the region. The Center for Outpatient Care is also the home of the Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center, which provides convenient access to world-class medical, surgical and radiation oncology services and a full range of cancer specialists.
- North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG) is NSMC’s multi-specialty and multi-location physician network. More than 200 NSPG physicians, nurse practitioners and health care professionals offer a wide range of primary and specialty care services in more than 16 hospital campus and off-site locations including family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, emergency medicine, endocrinology, gastroenterology, infectious disease, mental health, neurosurgery, pediatrics, pulmonology, rheumatology, sports medicine, and more.
Our North Shore primary care
services include internal medicine specialists
and family medicine specialists. Heart examinations
and advanced cardiac surgical services are available through the NSMC Heart Center. Our top-rated pediatric specialists include a pediatric rheumatologist
, while other NSMC specialists include gastrointestinal surgeons for those in need of a gastroenterology procedure
, and gastric banding surgeons
for weight loss surgery. NSMC offers North Shore residents an excellent alternative to Boston bariatric surgery
or orthopedic surgery Boston