Patients come to us for a screening, diagnostic mammography, diagnostic testing, surgery, and cancer care.
For many, an annual screening mammogram is their link to our program.
High-risk management program
For women at risk for breast cancer (including those with a first-level relative diagnosed with breast cancer before menopause), we offer a high-risk management program.
Women with breast cancer symptoms, or whose screening mammogram shows suspicious results, can be referred by a physician for further diagnostic testing. If necessary, patients may also be referred to us for a breast surgery consultation and comprehensive cancer treatment. Our experts are also a resource for second opinions for patients considering treatment options.
The following comprehensive services are offered:
Breast Imaging and Diagnostics
- Digital screening mammography is available at North Shore Medical Center locations in Salem, Lynn, and Danvers
- Digital diagnostic mammography
- Tomosynthesis (3D Mammography)
- Breast MRI
- Diagnostic breast ultrasound
- Stereotactic and ultrasound-guided biopsies and procedures
- Needle localization procedures
- MRI-guided biopsy
- Breast biopsy
- Lumpectomy (partial mastectomy)
- Mastectomy with reconstruction
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Management of high-risk patients
- Multi-disciplinary approach
- Chemotherapy before or after surgery
- Anti-estrogen hormonal therapy
- Oncotype tumor gene testing to individualize therapies
- Radiation therapy
- Partial breast irradiation
- Clinical trials
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Wellness and support programs
- Risk assessment program