Women come to us for a range of reasons: for a screening or diagnostic mammography, for diagnostic testing, for surgery, or for cancer care.
For the majority of women with no symptoms of breast cancer, their connection to the Mass General/North Shore Breast Health Center program will be for annual screening mammography.
High risk management program
For women with high risk factors for breast cancer (including first-level relative diagnosed with breast cancer before menopause), we offer a high risk management program.
Women with breast symptoms (learn about the symptoms of breast cancer) or with suspicious results on a screening mammogram can be referred by a physician for further diagnostic testing. If necessary, they may also be referred to us for a breast surgery consultation and comprehensive cancer treatment. Our experts are happy to provide a second opinion during your review of treatment options.
The following comprehensive services are offered:
Breast Imaging and Diagnostics
- Digital screening mammography is available at North Shore Medical Center locations in Salem, Lynn, and Danvers
- Digital diagnostic mammography
- Tomosynthesis (3D Mammography)
- Breast MRI
- Diagnostic breast ultrasound
- Stereotactic and ultrasound-guided biopsies and procedures
- Needle localization procedures
- MRI-guided biopsy
- Breast biopsy
- Lumpectomy (partial mastectomy)
- Mastectomy with reconstruction
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Management of high-risk patients
- Multi-disciplinary approach
- Chemotherapy before or after surgery
- Anti-estrogen hormonal therapy
- Oncotype tumor gene testing to individualize therapies
- Radiation therapy
- Partial breast irradiation
- Clinical trials
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Wellness and support programs
- Risk assessment program