About the NSMC Heart Center
- The NSMC Heart Center is the North Shore's only comprehensive cardiac service offering open-heart surgery, angioplasty and a full range of heart care to our community.
- We have built this exceptional program together with Massachusetts General Hospital, a worldwide leader in medical excellence, and together, we're bringing the most advanced cardiac care to the North Shore.
- Consumer Reports rated NSMC one of top 50 hospitals in US for heart surgery in 2009.
- NSMC is one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® for cardiovascular care - Thomson Reuters, 2010.
(A little more fun than Eat Right,
Don't Smoke, Exercise and Reduce Stress.)
- Let's go veg. (And not on the couch watching the Sox.)
- Let's eat fish twice a week (And no, Swedish don't count.)
- Let's wave at fellow drivers with all five fingers.(Chill.)
- Let's run Crane's Beach. "Hey, nice legs. And ventricles."
- Let's park way out at the other end of the lot and hoof it.
- Let's learn to love legumes. (Or broccoli. Whatever.)
- Let's take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Let's jump off the bus one stop early. (Waiting for it to come to a complete stop, of course.)
- Let's house-workout. (If you dance while dusting and no one sees, can you still hear the laughter?)
- Let's eat fresh. (And be nice.)
- Let's dance. Fast. (Like 300-calories-an-hour fast.)
- Let's all LOL.
- Let's get nutty. (Almonds, walnuts, pecans...go crazy.)
- Let's not act our age. (Run, skip, play, anything.)
Email us your own ideas for getting heart healthy.