Weight management can reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases such as diabetes and arthritis. The registered dietitians at North Shore Medical Center assist patients in making lifestyle changes for weight loss by developing individual nutrition plans that enable patients to make diet and lifestyle decisions to support his or her health and achieve personal goals.
- Development of a personalized nutrition plan and activity regimen to promote and maintain weight loss goals.
- Establishment of a monitoring system to evaluate progress.
- Clarify nutrition myths and discuss risks and/or benefits to current fad diets and supplements.
- Goal setting and follow up appointments to reinforce and encourage healthy changes.
- Continuous communication with members of the patient’s care team.