Support and Wellness
Cancer can affect all aspects of a patient’s life, from the physical to the emotional, mental and spiritual. We care for the whole patient, providing services to help cope with all effects of cancer and treatment.
- Support groups, educational sessions and access to caring oncology social workers.
- The Images Salon, with wigs and other products specially selected for our patients, as well as a stylist to help you feel your best.
- A Cancer Resource Room with internet access, books and journals.
- Nutritional consultations tailored to the unique needs of patients with cancer.
- Complementary therapies provided by the HOPES Program, including Reiki and massage therapy. HOPES also offers an Acupuncture Clinic for patients. Call 617.724.6737 to ask any questions or to set up a clinic appointment.
- Complementary therapies are also provided by the NSMC Wellness and Integrative Medicine program, including Reiki, acupuncture, massage, tai chi and gentle yoga. Many of these programs are offered at no cost or a reduced rate to Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center patients.
- North Shore Medical Center offers a cancer support group, Healing with Hope.