Support and Wellness
Cancer can affect all aspects of a patient’s life, from the physical to the emotional, mental and spiritual. We care for the whole patient, providing services to help cope with all effects of cancer and treatment.
Our services include:
- Support groups, educational sessions and access to caring oncology social workers.
- The Images Salon, with wigs and other products specially selected for our patients, as well as a stylist to help you feel your best.
- A Cancer Resource Room with internet access, books and journals.
- Nutritional consultations tailored to the unique needs of patients with cancer.
- Complementary therapies provided by the HOPES Program, including Reiki and massage therapy. HOPES also offers an Acupuncture Clinic for patients. Call 617.724.6737 to ask any questions or to set up a clinic appointment.
- Complementary therapies are also provided by the NSMC Wellness and Integrative Medicine program, including Reiki, acupuncture, massage, tai chi and gentle yoga. Patients receiving cancer treatment at the Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center may be eligible for a discounted rate. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 978-739-6906 or email email@example.com.
- North Shore Medical Center offers a cancer support group, Healing with Hope.