Get state-of-the-art cardiac exams at Salem Hospital
Cardiac exams are critical for diagnosing cardiac conditions. State-of-the-art cardiac exams are available at the top-rated Heart Center at Salem Hospital, a member of Mass General Brigham.
Our comprehensive range of cardiac evaluation services includes:
- Stress tests: cardiac exams that measure the reaction of the heart to an increase in demand for oxygen.
- Cardiac ultrasound exams: these identify the size and functional level of the heart muscle and valves.
- Tilt table exams: help identify why a patient may be experiencing fainting spells by enabling the patient to faint under controlled conditions.
- Holter monitors and event monitors: testing devices that determine whether a patient's heart is experiencing irregular rhythms.
By administering these advanced cardiac exams, our cardiologists and cardiac surgeons get a detailed profile of the heart's function. All cardiac exams are administrated by physicians and clinically trained technicians at our cardiac facilities in Salem and Danvers.
A leading provider of cardiac exams and cardiovascular care.
Through our long-standing collaboration with Massachusetts General Hospital, Salem Hospital has developed a world-class interventional cardiology program, including cardiac exams. Patients requiring cardiac surgery have the procedure done by cardio vascular surgeons at Mass General, while all other aspects of post-operative care are provided through our Heart Center.
Comprehensive services from cardiac exams to heart failure care.
In addition to heart examinations, our Heart Center services include:
- Angioplasty – a life-saving procedure that can quickly open blocked arteries in patients suffering a heart attack.
- Cardiac ablation for atrial fibrillation
- PCI and stents
- Electrophysiology – a procedure providing diagnostic treatment for irregular heart rhythm conditions (arrhythmias).
- Heart failure program – comprehensive education to heart failure patients to help them successfully manage their illness after leaving the hospital.
To find other physicians and specialists, such as a primary care physician, a gynecologic surgeon, hyperhidrosis treatment expert, internal medicine specialist or a North Shore orthopedics doctor, use our Find a Doctor service.