About Our Program
Goals and Approach
- Gestational diabetes assessment and management
- Goal setting for optimal blood sugar management
- Individualized assessment by diabetes educators
- Insulin pump education
- Instruction in blood sugar monitoring
- Nutritional assessment, recommendations and meal planning
- Recommendations for oral medication and/or insulin adjustment
Medical Nutrition Therapy
Medical Nutrition Therapy is a key component of diabetes education and management. Treatment provided by a registered dietitian, and includes a nutrition diagnosis as well as therapeutic and counseling services to help manage diabetes.
Our Medical Nutrition Therapy services may also help patients diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Theresa Davis, our certified diabetes educator and a registered dietitian, works with gestational diabetes patients to guide them through their pregnancy, and also post-pregnancy as needed.
Professionally led support group
Our Diabetes Management Support Group is led by a clinical diabetes educator and is an opportunity for patients and their families to gain valuable insight and get support. Learn more
Diabetes self-management education classes meet for 90 minute sessions at NSMC Union Hospital. Learn more