- Development of a personalized nutrition plan and activity regimen to promote and maintain healthy weight.
- Establishment of a monitoring system to evaluate progress.
- Goal setting and follow-up appointments to reinforce and encourage healthy changes.
- Continuous communication with members of the patient’s care team.
- Comprehensive nutritional assessment of children with specific needs.
- Family centered counseling in a wide range of nutrition-related issues including food allergies and intolerances, selective eaters, metabolic disorders, failure to thrive and obesity.
- Develop individualized goals with the patient and family that promote healthy eating and physical activity to reach a desirable percentile for weight.
- Regular follow-ups to reinforce and encourage achievement of goals.
- Active communication with members of the patient’s care team.
Selective eating can often be part of normal development. However, in some children, it can also lead to food restriction and nutritional deficiencies if there is a prolonged avoidance of many foods. Our registered dietitians provide an individualized evaluation of your child’s current nutritional intake and subsequently make recommendations to help him or her meet nutritional needs. Together with you and your child we create a plan of action to foster positive interaction with new foods and offer continuous follow-up and monitoring.