Hip and Knee School
We understand that preparing for a surgery can be stressful and that you may have lots of questions. If you are scheduled for hip or knee surgery, or still in the process of considering surgery, we invite you to join our Hip and Knee School.
During our sessions, you and your family will learn about the surgical and recovery process, meet members of the surgical and recovery teams and ask questions about your care. Topics we cover include:
- Anesthesia and pain management options
- Preparing for surgery (day before, actual day)
- What to expect during your hospital stay
- Transitioning back into your home after surgery
- Specifics about the recovery process
- Classes take place at NSMC Salem Hospital in the Davenport 102A Conference Room.
- Special parking is available for class participants and their families.
- Please enter the lower entrance of NSMC Salem Hospital from the Highland Avenue entrance.
- Reserved parking is located and marked in the front row of parking spaces in large lot on the right.
- Enter the hospital through the MassGeneral for Children at North Shore Medical Center lobby.
- Proceed straight through the lobby and continue down the hall and follow it to the right.
- Take the elevators on the right to the first floor.
- The conference room will be ahead on the left.
To learn more or to register for a class, please call 978.354.2565.