Safe Care Commitment
We SCREEN to protect you, your families, and our staff:
- We screen all employees daily – anyone with symptoms of a possible respiratory illness is not allowed to work until they are better.
- We screen visitors to our hospitals and physicians’ offices for symptoms. Any visitor with symptoms is restricted from entering our hospitals or physicians’ offices.
- We test and screen patients for COVID-19
- Patients to our hospitals are tested for COVID-19 prior to admission and then screened for symptoms each day of their hospital stay
- Patients visiting our hospital campuses and physicians’ offices for clinic appointments are screened for symptoms prior to their visit and again upon arrival. If symptomatic, patients are cared for via virtual visits or in designated areas where we use personal protective equipment (PPE) recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- For walk-in locations, we adhere to best practice safety protocols in those settings.
- When providing care in the home we screen patients for symptoms prior to the visit.
We CLEAN our hands and spaces frequently and make it easy for you to do the same:
- We have increased the frequency and intensity of cleaning of all high touch areas throughout the institution.
- We require frequent hand-cleaning and have added hand sanitizer stations so patients and staff can clean their hands easily and often.
- We follow special infection prevention guidelines for care provided in the home to protect our patients and our staff.
We PROTECT everyone in our environment:
- We require all people – employees, patients, and visitors – at our facilities to wear a mask.
- We have improved our air-handling system in key surgical areas to control infection and improve the environment of our patients and staff.
- We have rearranged spaces to accommodate physical distancing and prevent transmission of hidden infections by removing chairs from waiting rooms, and in some high-use areas, installing plexiglass barriers.
- We limit visitors coming into our hospitals and physicians’ offices.
- We wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines when providing care in the home.
We ask you to help us keep our community safe by:
- Calling us before your visit if you have symptoms of respiratory illness
- Checking in for your appointment via phone or Patient Gateway
- Always leaving six feet between yourself and others
- Wearing a mask at all times during your visit
- Practicing good hygiene
- Alerting an staff member if you have any safety questions or concerns
To learn more about the reopening plan for Massachusetts, please follow this Mass.gov link.