Safe Care Commitment
We SCREEN to protect you, your families, and our staff:
- We screen all employees daily – anyone with symptoms of a possible respiratory illness is not allowed to work until they are better.
- We screen on arrival all patients and visitors for symptoms of possible COVID-19
- Admitted patients are tested prior to admission and screened daily.
- Outpatients are screened prior to and upon arrival. After on-site screening, we provide masks to all patients..
- We significantly limit visitors coming into the hospital and clinics with few exceptions, and screen for symptoms of possible COVID-19. We ask visitors with any symptoms to defer their visits until they are well.
We CLEAN our hands and spaces frequently and make it easy for you to do the same:
- We have increased the frequency and intensity of cleaning of all high touch areas throughout the institution.
- We require frequent hand-cleaning and have added hand sanitizer stations so patients and staff can clean their hands easily and often.
We PROTECT everyone in our environment:
- We require all people on campus – employees, patients, and visitors – to wear a mask.
- We have improved our air-handling system in key surgical areas to control infection and improve the environment of our patients and staff.
- We have rearranged spaces to accommodate physical distancing and prevent transmission of hidden infections by removing chairs from waiting rooms, and in some high-use areas, installing plexiglass barriers.
We ask you to help us keep the NSMC community safe by:
- Calling us before your visit if you have symptoms of respiratory illness
- Checking in for your appointment via phone or Patient Gateway
- Always leaving six feet between yourself and others
- Wearing a mask at all times during your visit
- Practicing good hygiene
- Alerting an NSMC staff member if you have any safety questions or concerns
To learn more about the reopening plan for Massachusetts, please follow this Mass.gov link.