NSMC News Releases
Thank you for your patience as we implement Partners eCare, our new electronic health record system. Partners eCare stores each patient’s clinical information—such as test results, medications and allergies—in one secure digital record. This record also includes up-to-date information about registration, scheduling and billing.
Our goal is to improve communication and provide you with a better overall experience.
Why is this change taking place?
There are two major reasons for this exciting change.
- First, this comprehensive electronic record system replaces many former, and often incompatible, systems. We now have one paperless record for each patient.
- Second, this record can be viewed by a patient’s provider at any North Shore Medical Center or North Shore Physicians Group location at which you receive care.
- By the end of 2017, all of Partners HealthCare will be using Partners eCare, so patients who receive care at multiple Partners organizations will have a single, convenient health record.
What is happening now across North Shore Medical Center?
As of January 28, 2017, North Shore Medical Center, North Shore Physicians Group and other NSMC-affiliated practices have moved to Partners eCare. We have been planning this for over two years, and have trained more than 4,000 staff.
What benefits can I expect as a patient?
- One secure record will make your care safer and more efficient, eliminating the need to repeat medical history and other information in most instances.
- Partners Patient Gateway, our online patient portal, has many improvements so that patients can communicate easily with their clinical team about their medical needs and other needs like appointments, prescription refills and referrals.
- One patient bill is now available (replacing multiple bills for one episode of care), and bills can easily be paid online.
If you have any further questions about Partners eCare, or your experience during your visit, please let any staff member know and we will be happy to assist you.