Family Rounds Lectures
A Sept-May series for parents and professionals
Free and open to all. Rounds take place via ZOOM, from noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Returning to school during the COVID-19 pandemic and recovery: needs and rights of students with autism, ADHD, anxiety, and other mental health challenges.
Presenter: Liza Hirsch, Esq., Senior Attorney, Massachusetts Advocates for Children
- Empathy, compassion and leadership: skills we can use in our lives at work and at home
Presenter: Ilana Amrani-Cohen, LICSW, PhD Training and Private Practice
- Unpacking the racial, cultural, and ethnic impacts of the pandemic on struggling students in K-12. Identifying tools to engage with children and teens in a culturally and trauma-informed way
Presenter: Bridget Mutebi, BA in Political Science and Erga Pierrette, MSW, LCSW, Community Organizers and Racial Equity Advocates at 1Race Inc.,
- Kids and the impact of toxic stress: How the pandemic, systemic racism, societal inequalities, technology, and other stressors of our current world can impact our children in toxic and traumatic ways and how we can help
Presenter: Windi Bowditch, LMHC, Director of Clinical Training and Consultation at the Northshore Education Consortium
- Call The Stars By Their Names: Supporting a constellation of non-binary children and youth
Presenter: CB Beal, MDiv, (they/them/theirs) is Director of Justice and Peace Consulting
The Family Resource Center is grateful for the generous support of the Merry Mixers. Learn more