News and Events
Annual Improvement Fair
More than 40 projects at the 5th annual Improvement Fair showcased the work of teams from across the organization.
- A Gift for Improvement: New Institute Will Support Science-Based Approach to Enhancing Care at North Shore Medical Center
- Improving Documentation around End-of-Life Care Preferences for Patients
ARI Presence at National Venues
The Albright Read Institute established a presence at the National Association of Healthcare Quality.
October 2013 – March 2014
Some of the Institute’s training materials and expertise are being used to launch a quality training program for the American Society of Clinical Oncologists (ASCO) in Washington DC.
The National Forum for Quality Improvement (a program of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement) is the premier conference for people committed to the mission of improving health care. This annual event draws nearly 6,000 health care professionals from around the world in person and thousands more via satellite broadcast.
IHI Forum Projects
The Albright Read Institute presented seven improvement projects at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) National Forum (Orlando, FL - December 2013).
The NSMC projects included in the improvement poster showcase were:
- Team Leader: Lee Anne Fredericks, R.N.
- Team Leader: John Murray, M.D.
- Team Leader: Greg Conklin, R.N.
- Team Leaders: Andrea Barayuga-MacLean, RPh, Pharm.D., and Madonna Cruz, R.N.
- Team Leaders: Mimi Neuman, M.D., and Peg Houghton
- Team Leaders: Ninamarie Qualtieri, R.N., and Bernard Benedetto, M.D.
- Team Leaders: Michael Chamberlain, M.D., and Michael Medlock, M.D.