- Salem Hospital directions
- Appointments by physician referral only
Nuclear Medicine Services
- Computer assisted functional imaging
- SPECT- CT (Single Photo Emission Computed Tomography) fused with localizing CT
- Radionuclide therapy including: radioactive iodine therapy for thyroid, Zevalintherapy and Samarium-153 therapy
- Molecular imaging/PET CT (Positron Emission Tomography)
Single Photo Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT)
SPECT exams are available.
Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
The PET exam is the most technologically advanced nuclear medicine procedure. It shows cellular function and metabolism, rather than the anatomy of the body’s structures that traditional X-ray, CT and MRI imaging shows.
To schedule a PET exam, please call 978.882.6161.