NON-SURGICAL PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Our medically managed weight loss service is designed for patients who prefer a non-surgical approach or who do not qualify for weight loss surgery.
The program is led by Klara Rosenquist, MD, a specialist in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism. Dr. Rosenquist collaborates with a team of registered dieticians and other health care professionals.
- Individual assessment of health, activity, nutrition and other factors
- Goal setting for optimal weight management
- Nutrition and meal planning
- Weight management medications
- Exercise program with personal trainers at the Salem YMCA
NSMC provides the most comprehensive weight loss surgery program on the North Shore, offering the most advanced procedures and exceptional support and outcomes. Surgery is performed at NSMC Salem Hospital.
- Our surgeons are members of the medical staffs of both North Shore Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Patients begin by attending a free information session where they learn all about surgical options and the support we provide before, during and after surgery. SIGN UP NOW
- Patients then complete a comprehensive medical and psychological assessment by a team that includes a weight-loss surgeon,cardiovascular nurse, nutritionist and psychologist. Based on the results of the assessment, the patient and surgeon decide together the most appropriate approach and procedure.
- Treatment and support post-surgery includes medically supervised cardiac risk reduction, nutrition education, exercise, and peer support.