Visitor update: Most visitors should use Main Entrance
All visitors and patients, with a few exceptions, will be directed to use our Main Entrance, accessible via our Lower Entrance off Highland Avenue. Our main entrance is the best way for patients and visitors to get to many of our services and departments. Our greeters screen all visitors, for their own safety and the safety of our staff and patients. They also direct patients to their appointments and visitors to their loved ones.
- Patients needing our blood draw services should use the MassGeneral for Children’s Entrance accessible via the Lower Entrance.
- Birthplace patients should go directly to the Birthplace. Use the Upper Entrance and follow signs to the right and around to the Birthplace.
- Emergency patients should go to our Emergency Department at the back of the hospital. If you enter by way of Highland Avenue, use the access road to get to the Emergency Department. If you enter by way of Jefferson Avenue, take Dove Avenue to the top.
Visiting Hours and Current Visitor Policy
- One visitor per patient
- Must be over 18, unless the child of the patient
- Visitors for the Epstein Center There are specific hours by floor of the Epstein Center. Please see here: Epstein Visiting Hours
- General visiting hours are 1 - 8 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 1- 6 p.m. Saturday/Sunday/Holidays.
- General visiting hours do not apply to the Epstein Center
- Visitors must be screened; visitors who screen positive or suspected for COVID-19 will be asked to defer their visit to another time
- Visitors must be masked
- Visitors are encouraged to sanitize hands before and after visiting patients
- Non-essential vendors, salespeople remain prohibited from visiting.
- Visitors waiting to visit a patient should wait outside/in car and avoid congregating in waiting rooms.
- After being cleared to visit, visitors should proceed directly to their destination, and leave promptly at the end of their visit.
- Visitors are not permitted in the hospital cafeteria.