Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center
The Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center combines the talent and expertise of physicians from Salem Hospital with those from Massachusetts General Hospital. Specialists from both centers work closely with patients and their primary care physicians to provide seamless care from screening to survivorship. Our physicians and nursing teams are nationally recognized for their expertise and apply the latest advances to screening and prevention, diagnosis, medical, radiation and surgical oncology treatment and rehabilitation.
The benefits of being treated at the Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center include:
- Access to an extensive array of clinical trials of promising new therapies and benefit from the latest personalized medicines tailored to individual tumor mutations.
- Access to the latest medical treatments, radiation therapies and surgical techniques from experts at both Salem Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, through our Danvers facility
- Genotyping for all tumors to help identify mutations that may be treated with “smart drugs”
- Rapid results for fine-needle biopsies through our on-site Pathology Lab
- Comprehensive multi-clinics where patients and their medical, radiation and surgical oncologists meet in a single appointment to discuss all aspects of care
- 24 new infusion bays for chemotherapy, overlooking protected tidal wetlands and our beautifully-landscaped healing garden
- Three state-of-the-art linear accelerators for radiation therapy
- Frameless and full-body stereotactic radiosurgery to precisely target tumors
- A dedicated blood lab and pharmacy just for our cancer patients