Different insurance plans cover urgent care visits differently. The best approach, prior to visiting an urgent care center, is to call the member service number on the back of your insurance card to confirm your plan's coverage for the urgent care center you are visiting.
Visits to North Shore Urgent Care
At MassGeneral/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
102 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA, 01923
Visits to North Shore Urgent Care will be billed as a “physician’s practice providing urgent care.”
- Due to this classification, your insurance company may require a referral from your primary care physician and/or consider us “in network” or “out of network."
- Call your health insurance company to verify the cost of your visit.
- If the representative on the phone cannot find the office by searching "North Shore Physicians Group," please ask him or her to look it up using the national provider number (NPI) 1588606123.
Visits to NSMC Urgent Care
On the NSMC Union Hospital Campus
500 Lynnfield Street
Lynn, MA, 01904
Visits to NSMC Urgent Care will be billed as a hospital outpatient visit.
- Your out-of-pocket costs for the physician or nurse practitioner visit are usually limited to the co-payment required by your health insurance plan. We will request your co-payment when you check in for the visit.
- You will also be billed for what is commonly known as a “facility fee” for use of the hospital space, equipment, and support staff.
- Your health insurance plan may apply these hospital fees to your annual deductible, and after you have paid your deductible in full, you may be billed for a co-insurance payment.
- We will send you a bill if there is any unpaid balance after we receive payment for your visit from your health insurance plan.