Choose MassGeneral for Children at North Shore Medical Center for pediatric procedures.
North Shore families seeking pediatric care will find exceptional physicians offering a wide range of pediatric procedures at MassGeneral for Children at North Shore Medical Center. Our pediatric specialists collaborate closely with Boston pediatrics specialists at MassGeneral Hospital for Children in Boston to offer North Shore families the most advanced pediatric primary care and pediatric procedures. Programs include in-patient care, rehabilitation services, a behavioral medicine program, neurodevelopmental center, multidisciplinary evaluation, sub-specialty clinics, and diagnostic services such as pediatric cardiology and radiology. As the largest healthcare facility in the North Shore region, our pediatric emergency department treats more than 17,000 children each year. It is staffed 24 hours a day by a dedicated group of board-certified pediatricians who are certified in ATLS (advanced trauma life support) and PALS (pediatric advanced life support).
NSMC pediatric physicians and specialists offer a wide range of pediatric procedures in many areas of medicine, including:
- Pediatric cardiology, including electrocardiograms, chest X-rays and other procedures.
- Cleft lip and palate procedures.
- Pediatric endocrinology, including procedures to treat thyroid and adrenal problems, hypoglycemia and other conditions.
- Pediatric gastroenterology, including procedures to treat liver, pancreatic and nutritional disorders.
- Genetics services, including the diagnosis and management of inherited conditions.
- High-risk infants follow-up.
Find a primary care doctor for your children
Many pediatric procedures are provided by pediatric primary care physicians or family practice doctors
. North Shore Medical Center has top-rated pediatric primary care doctors offering services throughout the region.
To find a pediatric primary care physician, you may use the find a doctor search tool on the NSMC website, selecting "pediatric primary care" from the clinical specialty pull-down. To refine your search further you may also select your city or town in the location field (for example, to find Marblehead or Salem pediatrics