Spine surgery at North Shore Medical Center
North Shore patients requiring spine surgery or back pain surgery will find world-class care at North Shore Medical Center (NSMC). A member of Partners HealthCare, NSMC is the largest provider in the region, with multiple hospitals and urgent care clinics as well as doctors’ offices throughout the area.
NSMC neurosurgery physicians perform a broad range of spine surgery procedures, including minimally invasive and complex surgery for adult patients. Our spine specialists work closely with patients and collaborate with other neurological specialists to craft treatment plans that are tailored for the specific situation of each patient.
Consultation with a back and spine specialist is available through two practices located in Peabody, MA.
(978) 977-0351 North Shore Physicians Group 4 Centennial Drive Suite 204
(978) 818-6350 Sports Medicine North Orthopaedic Surgery, Inc. 1 Orthopedics Drive 2nd Floor
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal cord compression
- Employment-related spinal injuries
- Spinal stenosis
- Disc herniations and disc disease
- Congenital spinal abnormalities
- Inflammatory conditions and infections (e.g., myelopathy and radiculopathy)
- Neck and back pain
- Peripheral nerve disorder
- Failed back
Spine surgery procedures performed by NSMC specialists.
Our spine surgery specialists perform a variety of neurosurgery procedures. Minimally invasive spine surgery includes:
- Spinal stenosis treatment, which involves inserting a device into the back to help with the pain of spinal stenosis. Microsurgical decompression, where a portion of the laminar roof over the spinal canal is removed to relieve pinched or compressed nerves.
- Microdiscectomy surgery to remove a portion of a herniated lumbar disc to relieve pressure on a spinal nerve.
Complex spine surgery procedures include:
- Computer guided surgery
- Kyphoplasty for osteoporotic compression fractures
- Artificial disc replacement
Spine surgery for sports injuries
We also offer spine surgery and nonsurgical alternatives for sports-related injuries and conditions. Our spine surgery specialists provide surgical and nonsurgical care to help restore function, reduce discomfort and prevent further injury. Alternatives to spine surgery may include education, physical therapy, aquatic therapy, ultrasounds, spinal injections, medication, and exercise.
Our comprehensive medical and surgical care offering includes cardiac ablation surgery
, treatment for hyperhidrosis
, digital breast tomosynthesis
and much more.
Patients considering spine surgery can use the Find a Doctor
search on our website to find a spine surgery specialist.