Diabetes Support Group
Professionally-led support group for patients
The NSMC Diabetes Management Support Group is an opportunity for diabetic patients and their families to gain valuable insight from their peers. Patients discuss their experiences, share ideas and provide emotional support for one another. The support group is led by clinical diabetes educator Theresa Davis, R.D., C.D.E., and features various guest speakers discussing diabetes-related topics such as heart health, foot care, exercise and more.
Meets the first Monday of the month at noon at NSMC Union Hospital in the South A conference room.
2018 support group schedule
- No group July and August
- September 10
- October 1
- November 5
- December 3
For more information contact the Diabetes Management Program at 781.477.3409.
Additional support for diabetes:
- L.E.A.R.N program for Weight Loss. Led by Registered Dietician Pat Moore, each class consists of a confidential weigh-in, a lesson on how to live a healthy life and group discussion. Participants learn how to read nutrition labels, control their portion sizes, and incorporate exercise into a daily routine.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. Offered through the NSMC Wound Center.
- Pain management for patients with neuropathy.
- Diabetes Basics from the American Diabetes Association
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction workshops