Building A Healthier North Shore
Opening October 2019
North Shore Medical Center (NSMC) and Partners HealthCare are moving forward to implement a $207 million plan that improves care and coordination across a wide spectrum of health services, with the goal of making high-quality care more effective and efficient and improving access to the community-based care that North Shore residents use most. Learn more about our plan, get facts and figures, FAQ, contact us and more. We will add images to our gallery as construction progresses.
Key elements of the plan include:
- New Emergency Department (Salem campus)
- 62 private patient bays, including three trauma bays
- 10 observation bays
- Exclusive pediatric emergency care space
- Designated treatment areas for psychiatry, adults and children
- 24 new private patient rooms (Salem campus)
- 90-bed Behavioral Health Center aligned with Massachusetts General Hospital (converting the former Spaulding Hospital North Shore)
- NSMC will also be expand community-based outpatient primary, specialty, urgent care and behavioral health services throughout the North Shore
- This care will be provided at North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG) offices, our affiliated physicians, and in collaboration with the Lynn Community Health Center and North Shore Community Health, Inc.