Building A Healthier North Shore
Opening October 2019
North Shore Medical Center (NSMC) and Partners HealthCare are moving forward to implement a $207 million plan that improves care and coordination across a wide spectrum of health services, with the goal of making high-quality care more effective and efficient and improving access to the community-based care that North Shore residents use most. Learn more about our plan, get facts and figures, FAQ, contact us and more. We will add images to our gallery as construction progresses.
Key elements of the plan include:
- New Emergency Department (Salem campus)
- 62 private patient bays, including 10 observation bays
- Three trauma rooms
- Exclusive pediatric emergency care space
- Designated treatment areas for psychiatry, adults and children
- 24 new private patient rooms (Salem campus)
- 120-bed Behavioral Health Center aligned with Massachusetts General Hospital (converting the former Spaulding Hospital North Shore)
- NSMC also plans to build a "medical village" on the Union campus, which will provide urgent care, basic lab and radiology services, outpatient psychiatry services and an expanded home for the North Shore Physicians Group Lynn primary and specialty care practice. Learn more about the Medical Village
- In addition, primary, specialty and urgent care services, along with behavioral health services, will be expanded across the North Shore. They will be provided by North Shore Physicians Group physicians, and in collaboration with the Lynn Community Health Center and North Shore Community Health, Inc.