Privacy and HIPAA
You control your privacy when you are a patient at NSMC
As part of HIPAA requirements, all new patients seeing their health care provider upon their initial visit are required to sign an acknowledgement form to indicate that they have received the Privacy Notice. The Privacy Notice describes how the hospital/provider uses and shares your personal health information. View the Partners HealthCare Notice for Use of and Sharing of Protected Health Information for more information about your privacy rights as a patient.
1) While receiving care at our hospital, you may ask to not have your name appear in the hospital directory. When you make this request anyone who calls and asks for you by name will be told “I have no information about this patient.”
2) If you do want to receive phone calls, visitors and/or deliveries of cards and flowers, be sure to request that your name be included in the hospital directory.
3) For a listing of other HIPAA privacy rights, please refer to the notice of privacy practices links above. Our page about patient rights and responsibilities may also be useful.
4) Patients may call 978.354.4254 if they have any concerns about privacy.
5) Privacy statement for this web site.