Treatments and Procedures
- Blood component therapy
- Administration of medications intramuscular, intravenous and subcutaneous
- IV fluids for hydration
- Peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) insertions
- PICC removals
- Declot PICCs and other central venous catheters
- Accessing/ de-accessing a PORT
The Bard Sapiens Tip Confirmation System combines ultrasound, magnetic tracking, and a specially designed electrocardiogram system.
- The ultrasound helps the nurse find the best vein and guides the needle during insertion.
- The magnetic tracking device allows the nurse to monitor the tip of the PICC as it moves through the veins.
- The electrocardiogram confirms when the PICC has reached its target location and is ready for use.