Treatments and Procedures
Colleen Passariello RN, VA-BC
Lab and Vascular Services Building
NSMC Salem Hospital
81 Highland Avenue
Salem MA 01970
- Blood component therapy
- Administration of medications intramuscular, intravenous and subcutaneous
- IV fluids for hydration
- Peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) insertions
- PICC removals
- Declot PICCs and other central venous catheters
- Accessing/ de-accessing a PORT
- The ultrasound helps the nurse find the best vein and guides the needle during insertion.
- The magnetic tracking device allows the nurse to monitor the tip of the PICC as it moves through the veins.
- The electrocardiogram confirms when the PICC has reached its target location and is ready for use.