Our Hospital Medicine Program is staffed by board-certified and board-eligible Hospital Medicine physicians who specialize in the care of hospitalized patients. Many NSMC hospitalists are trained in internal medicine, and some have advanced training in critical care medicine, pulmonary disease, kidney disease and pediatrics. NSMC also has hospitalists who specialize in endocrinology and oncology. They are an important liaison between patients and their primary care physicians, specialists and the entire clinical team. Hospitalists do not see patients outside of a hospital setting.
Hospital Medicine Services
- Close monitoring of patients during hospitalization.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Accessible in cases of emergencies and whenever concerns arise.
- Hospitalists know every specialist and department in the hospital, ensuring fast turnaround of tests and treatments.
- Act as liaison with the patient's primary care physician.
- Ensure patients have a smooth transition back to their primary care physician after they return home.
If you don’t have a primary care physician, NSMC will be happy to help you find a primary care physician in your area.