Our Hospital Medicine Program is staffed by more than 20 board-certified and board-eligible physicians and nurse practitioners who specialize in the care of hospitalized patients. They are an important liaison between patients and their primary care physicians, specialists and the entire clinical team. NSMC hospitalists are trained in internal medicine, critical care, pulmonary disease, kidney disease and pediatrics. Some of our hospital medicine physicians have expertise in endocrinology and oncology.
Hospital Medicine Services
- Close monitoring of patients during hospitalization.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Accessible in cases of emergencies and whenever concerns arise.
- Hospitalists know every specialist and department in the hospital, ensuring fast turnaround of tests and treatments.
- Liaison with patient's primary care physician.
- Ensure patients have a smooth transition back to theirr primary care physician after they return home.
If you don’t have a primary care physician, NSMC will be happy to help you find a primary care physician in your area.