Diabetes Support Group
Professionally-led support group for patients
The NSMC Diabetes Support group meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month and includes topics ranging from yoga and meditation, meatless meal demos and diabetes-related issues. Our patients gain valuable insight from their peers, as well as from the various guest speakers.
- NSMC Union Hospital, 500 Lynnfield Street, Lynn
- NSMC Salem Hospital, 81 Highland Avenue, Salem
- Wellness & Integrative Medicine Center, 400 Highland Avenue, Salem
2015 support group schedule >>
For more information contact the Diabetes Management Center at 781.477.3409.
Additional diabetes support programs:
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Program for those with heart disease and risk factors including diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Exercise center featuring treadmills, rowers and weights
- Fitness and strength training classes
- Reiki, yoga, and pilates classes
- Stress management classes
- Diabetes Basics: A wonderful resource for our patients, from the American Diabetes Association.