North Shore Medical Center (NSMC) and Partners HealthCare are moving forward to implement a $200 million plan that improves care and coordination across a wide spectrum of health services, with the goal of making high-quality care more effective and efficient and improving access to the community-based care that North Shore residents use most.
- New Emergency Department (Salem campus)
- 55 private patient bays, including three trauma bays
- 10 observation bays
- Exclusive pediatric emergency care space
- Designated treatment areas for mental health patients
- 24 new private patient rooms (Salem campus)
- 90-bed Center of Excellence in Behavioral Health aligned with Massachusetts General Hospital (converting the former Spaulding Hospital North Shore)
- NSMC will also be expand community-based outpatient primary, specialty, urgent care and behavioral health services throughout the North Shore
- This care will be provided at North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG) offices, and in collaboration with the Lynn Community Health Center and North Shore Community Health, Inc.