Exceptional NSMC nurses who achieve clinical and service excellence every day are recognized and celebrated in an award ceremony that takes place in May. These awards include the Blodgett Award, the Broadhead Clinical Excellence Award and the Nursing Leadership Award. The Department of Surgery also holds an annual award ceremony, where nursing recipients nominated by the surgeons with whom they work are given a Clinical Excellence and Professionalism Award.
2014 March of Dimes Nurse of the Year
Carrie Siefken, R.N.C., M.S.N., Clinical Educator in the NSMC Birthplace, has been named a 2014 March of Dimes Nurse of the Year. Siefken was one of 13 Massachusetts nurses selected for the award, which recognizes exceptional nurses, creates awareness of professional excellence and promotes the future of the nursing profession while helping to advance the mission of the March of Dimes. Learn more
Eleanor Broadhead Clinical Excellence Award 2014
The Eleanor Broadhead Award for Nursing Clinical Excellence is designed to recognize a professional nurse who exemplifies the North Shore Medical Center organizational values through his / her clinical practice.
Marie McDermott, RN, Special Care Nursery (Salem)
Michelle McDonough, RN, South 1/Telemetry (Union)
Donald W. Blodgett Exemplary Service Award 2014
This award recognizes a Registered Nurse and a Technical / Nursing Assistant practicing on a Medical /Surgical Unit on the Salem campus. Nominees for this annual award demonstrate holistic and compassionate care for our most vulnerable patients with multiple clinical needs.
Mamir Calauman, RN, Dav 5
Mentu Wahkor, TNA, Phippen 6/ 7
Nursing Leadership Award 2014
The Nursing Leadership Award is designed to recognize a nursing leader who exemplifies the professional nurse and the organizational values of North Shore Medical Center through his / her managerial and leadership skills.
- Chrissey Perez, RN, Professional Development Specialist
March of Dimes Nurse of the Year Award Finalist 2013
- Lisa Cavallaro, R.N., Nurse Manager of the Birthplace
Department of Surgery Clinical Excellence and Professionalism
NSMC Salem Hospital:
- PACU Anesthesia: Lori Anketell, R.N.
- Phippen 7 Patient Care Services: Caitlin Ciampa, R.N.
- Main General Surgery Operating Room: Gary P. Lambert, R.N.
- Davenport 7 Marian B. Cornejo-Suela, R.N.
- Main General Surgery Operating Room: Bonnie A. Sweet
NSMC Union Hospital:
- Surgicenter: Lisa T. Aiello
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit: Lois M. Cakounes, R.N.
- West 1 Patient Care Services: Katelyn Ferguson, R.N.
- West Ground Patient Care Services: Joseph C. Ferrer, R.N.
- Operating Room: Ann M. Fisher, R.N.
- Union Operating Room: Hubert Simon
- Operating Room: Patricia A. Wakeham
Read more about the Surgery awards
Schwartz Compassionate Caregiver Award