Cardiac Electrophysiology Program
Our cardiac electrophysiologists evaluate and treat the full range of rhythm disturbances including rapid and slow heart rates, palpitations (skipped or extra beats), lightheaded spells and blackout spells. They place and manage electronic pacemakers for slow heart rhythms and cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) pacemakers, also place and manage electronic implantable defibrillators. When necessary, they provide a full range of invasive electrophysiology testing and treatments, including ablation therapy, which can permanently cure some rapid rhythms.
Cardiac Electrophysiology Treatments and Procedures
- Cardiac Ablation
- Antiarrhythmic medication therapy
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) or also known as Bi-ventricular pacemaker implant and or ICD placement
- Defibrillator or Pacemaker Surgery*
- Electrophysiology Study (EPS)
- Head-up-tilt-table testing
- Implantable loop recorders
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) placement
- Non-invasive Programmed Stimulation
- Single and dual chamber permanent pacemaker implants
*If you are scheduled to have a defibrillator implant, please read what to expect during a defibrillator or pacemaker implant.
Support After You Go Home
Remote Monitoring of Implant Devices
When you are ready to return home, two types of remote monitoring options are available: wireless home monitoring and trans-telephonic monitoring. Our devices offer heart failure diagnostics, which allow us to prevent a heart failure episode.
ICD Support Group
The Pacemaker/ICD clinic provides a comfortable atmosphere and opportunity for those with an implanted defibrillator to meet others with an ICD. Patients and their significant others are invited to attend. For more information or to register, please call 978.354.450