The Diagnostic Cardiology Department has implemented rigorous cleaning, screening and infection control practices to provide the safest environment possible for our patients.
The cardiac exams we conduct for our patients provide cardiologists and cardiac surgeons with a detailed profile of your heart’s function. All cardiac tests and procedures are performed by physicians and clinically-trained technicians in our state-of the art cardiac facilities. All cardiac evaluations require a written requisition by a physician.
Schedule a Test
- Call 978.573.4900 to schedule the appointment
- A cardiac ultrasound test determines the size and function of your heart muscle and the valves.
Holter monitor/Event monitor
- These tests indicate any irregular rhythms in your heart. A holter monitor is a continuous recording of your heart’s rhythm during 24 hours of normal activity and rest. An event monitor is similar but worn for a longer period of time.
- Stress tests measure your heart’s reaction to increased demand for oxygen. The tests record the electrical activity of the heart during walking and running.
- The tilt table test helps determine why you may be experiences fainting spells. It produces syncope (a fainting spell) under controlled conditions, which enables your physician to diagnose whether you have a condition called vasovagal syncope.