Patient and Family Support
Primary Care for Geriatric Patients in a Nursing or Rehabilitative Facility
North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG) offers primary care services to patients living in a skilled nursing or rehabilitative facility.
Physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants work in close collaboration while patients are in the facility, and then transition them back to their original primary care providers following discharge.
Geriatric Extended Care Services
- Diagnosis of acute illnesses or injuries
- Order and prescription of diagnostic tests
- On-call 24 hours to receive alerts from the nursing facility about a patient's medical status
- Referrals to outside specialists
- Routine physicals
- Transition of patients back to their primary care providers when they leave the facility