NSMC named Best Hospital by U.S. News & World Report for the third year in a row Learn more
Like Dr. Ernesto DaSilva and patient Nancy Marks. Like Salem Hospital, Union Hospital, MassGeneral for Children, NSMC Heart Center and NSMC Women's Center, North Shore Physicians Group, MassGeneral/North Shore Cancer Center and MassGeneral/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care.
Healing takes time. It takes expertise and innovation. Very smart, talented people working together to get him back on his feet again. And one who understands what it means to always be there. That's the power of Us.
The way we look at it, if you have to see more than one doctor, it's good to know that they know each other, talk to one another, and plan your care together.Learn about NSMC
At North Shore Medical Center, Us is a special way of thinking about ourselves, our responsibility, and our relationship with you. Us is complex, yes, but simple in understanding that taking care of our patients and their families is why we're here.
nsmc Now November/December 2014
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s new Kaizen Promotion Office and ongoing improvement efforts to help achieve the perfect patient experience. Also included is a story on NSMC's new central utility plant, which recently received LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, and coverage of the 2014 Cancer RUN.
The Healthy Life Fall 2014
- This is the first combined issue of The Healthy Life and NSMC Giving. We have integrated these publications to better share our news about health and giving with a broader audience. This issue features a cover story on a Marblehead couple with deep roots at Salem Hospital who recently had their first child in the NSMC Birthplace. Also included are features on spinal lumbar surgery, low-dose CT lung cancer screenings and the Merry Mixers charitable organization.
nsmc Now July/August 2014
- This issue features a cover story on Alain Chaoui, M.D., the new president of the NSMC medical staff, and his goal to build collegiality and good will among physicians. Also included is coverage of the central utility plant ribbon-cutting ceremony and a story on the 24th annual North Shore Cancer WALK.
nsmc Giving June 2014
- In this issue, read about 2014 Cancer WALK co-chair Karen Krag, M.D., an oncologist at the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care, who was treated for a malignant brain tumor in 2012. Also, a story on NSMC’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program for adults, children and teens. Other features include photos from the Gourmet Gala and an honor roll of donors.
nsmc Now April/May 2014
- This issue features a cover story Partners eCare, an innovative new health information system being developed and rolled out by Partners HealthCare. Also featured is a story on a new nursing symposium that was started this spring and information on the 2014 North Shore Cancer WALK.
The Healthy Life Spring 2014
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program, which has sessions for adults, teens and children. Also included is a story on a Marblehead woman who got a jump on her breast cancer diagnosis thanks to new 3-D tomosynthesis mammography, and a story on NSMC orthopedic surgeon Doug Peterson, M.D., who recently led a military medical unit in Afghanistan.
nsmc Now February March 2014
- This issue features a cover story on the “Made Someone’s Day” employee recognition program, which just reached the 10,000-citation milestone. Also featured is a story on the recent Virginia Mason Institute workshop for the new Emergency Department and inpatient units planned for the Salem Campus and information on the fifth annual Gourmet Gala fundraiser taking place on March 28.
nsmc NOW December 2013 – January 2014
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC), which provides a forum for members of the community to discuss care delivery and safety programs at the medical center. Also included is coverage of the 2013 Partners in Excellence award ceremony, the 2013 North Shore Cancer RUN and the annual Holyoke award.
nsmc NOW September/November 2013
- This issue features a cover story on the recent announcement by NSMC and Partners HealthCare to improve care and coordination across a wide spectrum of health services north of Boston. Also included is a feature on North Shore Urgent Care, which opened in Danvers this past October, and a story on NSMC’s new designation as a center of excellence in minimally invasive gynecological surgery.
The Healthy Life Fall 2013
- This issue features a cover story on the recent announcement by NSMC and Partners HealthCare to improve care and coordination across a wide spectrum of health services north of Boston. Also included is a feature on North Shore Urgent Care, which opened in Danvers this past October, and a story about Nicole Smith, a Lynn mother who had a life-changing cardiac ablation procedure performed in the NSMC Heart Center.
nsmc Giving October 2013
- In this issue, read about NSMC’s plans to improve care across a wide spectrum of different health services so as to make high-quality care more accessible to residents of the North Shore. Also included is a story on the Albright Read Institute for Healthcare Improvement Science and Medical Research, a look at the new North Shore Urgent Care Center in Danvers and coverage of the 2013 Cancer WALK.
nsmc NOW July/August 2013
- This issue features a cover story on the Albright Read Institute for Healthcare Improvement Science and Medical Research, recently established at NSMC to fund research, training and implementation initiatives. Also included is coverage of the 2013 Cancer WALK, an article on NSMC’s recent recognition in U.S. News and World Report and much more.
nsmc NOW May/June 2013
- This issue features a cover story on hyperbaric oxygen therapy, a new service being offered by the NSMC Advanced Wound Clinic. Also included are stories on the 2013 North Shore Cancer WALK, a redesign of the NSMC Connect intranet homepage and coverage of the recent improvement fair held at NSMCSalemHospital.
The Healthy Life Spring 2013
- This issue features a cover story on a Peabody couple who, together, have lost more than 180 pounds thanks to sleeve gastrectomy surgery performed at NSMC. Also included is a story on Salem twins who spent the first weeks of their lives receiving exceptional care in the NSMC Special Care Nursery and a story on a Salem great grandmother who had successful valve replacement surgery in the NSMCHeartCenter.
nsmc Giving June 2013
- In this issue, read a cover story on North Shore Cancer WALK co-chairs Phyllis Sagan and Jude Toner, long-time North Shore residents and colleagues at Swampscott-based Sagan Realtors. Also included is a story on the new MDVIP Program being offered by North Shore Physicians Group, coverage of recent events and the annual list of contributors.
nsmc NOW March/April 2013
- This issue features a cover story on the new Patient-Centered Partnership nursing model, which is improving both the patient and caregiver experience. Also included is information on the recent Taste of the North Shore fundraiser, the annual Holyoke Award and the new Code Silver security policy.
nsmc NOW February 2013
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s process improvement efforts over the past five years and their importance to achieving success in a rapidly changing healthcare environment. Also included is an article on the planning of NSPG’s new urgent care center in Danvers and a piece on NSMC’s new advertising campaign.
The Healthy Life Winter 2013
- This issue features a cover story on a Marblehead teacher whose life has been restored by hip revision surgery. Also included are articles on the MDVIP program, a new approach to primary care medicine offered by North Shore Physicians Group, and shared medical appointments for diabetes patients.
nsmc NOW December 2012/January 2013
- This issue features a cover story on the expansion and renovation of the Special Care Nursery. Also an article on the federally funded Meaningful Use incentive program and coverage of the 2012 Partners in Excellence award ceremony.