Only hospital on the North Shore named a best hospital by U.S. News & World Report
Like Dr. Ernesto DaSilva and patient Nancy Marks. Like Salem Hospital, Union Hospital, MassGeneral for Children, NSMC Heart Center and NSMC Women's Center, North Shore Physicians Group, MassGeneral/North Shore Cancer Center and MassGeneral/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care.
Healing takes time. It takes expertise and innovation. Very smart, talented people working together to get him back on his feet again. And one who understands what it means to always be there. That's the power of Us.
The way we look at it, if you have to see more than one doctor, it's good to know that they know each other, talk to one another, and plan your care together.Learn about NSMC
At North Shore Medical Center, Us is a special way of thinking about ourselves, our responsibility, and our relationship with you. Us is complex, yes, but simple in understanding that taking care of our patients and their families is why we're here.
nsmc Giving June 2014
- In this issue, read about 2014 Cancer WALK co-chair Karen Krag, M.D., an oncologist at the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care, who was treated for a malignant brain tumor in 2012. Also, a story on NSMC’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program for adults, children and teens. Other features include photos from the Gourmet Gala and an honor roll of donors.
nsmc Now April/May 2014
- This issue features a cover story Partners eCare, an innovative new health information system being developed and rolled out by Partners HealthCare. Also featured is a story on a new nursing symposium that was started this spring and information on the 2014 North Shore Cancer WALK.
The Healthy Life Spring 2014
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program, which has sessions for adults, teens and children. Also included is a story on a Marblehead woman who got a jump on her breast cancer diagnosis thanks to new 3-D tomosynthesis mammography, and a story on NSMC orthopedic surgeon Doug Peterson, M.D., who recently led a military medical unit in Afghanistan.
nsmc Now February March 2014
- This issue features a cover story on the “Made Someone’s Day” employee recognition program, which just reached the 10,000-citation milestone. Also featured is a story on the recent Virginia Mason Institute workshop for the new Emergency Department and inpatient units planned for the Salem Campus and information on the fifth annual Gourmet Gala fundraiser taking place on March 28.
nsmc NOW December 2013 – January 2014
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC), which provides a forum for members of the community to discuss care delivery and safety programs at the medical center. Also included is coverage of the 2013 Partners in Excellence award ceremony, the 2013 North Shore Cancer RUN and the annual Holyoke award.
nsmc NOW September/November 2013
- This issue features a cover story on the recent announcement by NSMC and Partners HealthCare to improve care and coordination across a wide spectrum of health services north of Boston. Also included is a feature on North Shore Urgent Care, which opened in Danvers this past October, and a story on NSMC’s new designation as a center of excellence in minimally invasive gynecological surgery.
The Healthy Life Fall 2013
- This issue features a cover story on the recent announcement by NSMC and Partners HealthCare to improve care and coordination across a wide spectrum of health services north of Boston. Also included is a feature on North Shore Urgent Care, which opened in Danvers this past October, and a story about Nicole Smith, a Lynn mother who had a life-changing cardiac ablation procedure performed in the NSMC Heart Center.
nsmc Giving October 2013
- In this issue, read about NSMC’s plans to improve care across a wide spectrum of different health services so as to make high-quality care more accessible to residents of the North Shore. Also included is a story on the Albright Read Institute for Healthcare Improvement Science and Medical Research, a look at the new North Shore Urgent Care Center in Danvers and coverage of the 2013 Cancer WALK.
nsmc NOW July/August 2013
- This issue features a cover story on the Albright Read Institute for Healthcare Improvement Science and Medical Research, recently established at NSMC to fund research, training and implementation initiatives. Also included is coverage of the 2013 Cancer WALK, an article on NSMC’s recent recognition in U.S. News and World Report and much more.
nsmc NOW May/June 2013
- This issue features a cover story on hyperbaric oxygen therapy, a new service being offered by the NSMC Advanced Wound Clinic. Also included are stories on the 2013 North Shore Cancer WALK, a redesign of the NSMC Connect intranet homepage and coverage of the recent improvement fair held at NSMCSalemHospital.
The Healthy Life Spring 2013
- This issue features a cover story on a Peabody couple who, together, have lost more than 180 pounds thanks to sleeve gastrectomy surgery performed at NSMC. Also included is a story on Salem twins who spent the first weeks of their lives receiving exceptional care in the NSMC Special Care Nursery and a story on a Salem great grandmother who had successful valve replacement surgery in the NSMCHeartCenter.
nsmc Giving June 2013
- In this issue, read a cover story on North Shore Cancer WALK co-chairs Phyllis Sagan and Jude Toner, long-time North Shore residents and colleagues at Swampscott-based Sagan Realtors. Also included is a story on the new MDVIP Program being offered by North Shore Physicians Group, coverage of recent events and the annual list of contributors.
nsmc NOW March/April 2013
- This issue features a cover story on the new Patient-Centered Partnership nursing model, which is improving both the patient and caregiver experience. Also included is information on the recent Taste of the North Shore fundraiser, the annual Holyoke Award and the new Code Silver security policy.
nsmc NOW February 2013
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s process improvement efforts over the past five years and their importance to achieving success in a rapidly changing healthcare environment. Also included is an article on the planning of NSPG’s new urgent care center in Danvers and a piece on NSMC’s new advertising campaign.
The Healthy Life Winter 2013
- This issue features a cover story on a Marblehead teacher whose life has been restored by hip revision surgery. Also included are articles on the MDVIP program, a new approach to primary care medicine offered by North Shore Physicians Group, and shared medical appointments for diabetes patients.
nsmc NOW December 2012/January 2013
- This issue features a cover story on the expansion and renovation of the Special Care Nursery. Also an article on the federally funded Meaningful Use incentive program and coverage of the 2012 Partners in Excellence award ceremony.
nsmc NOW October/November 2012
- This issue features an opinion piece by NSMC President and CEO Bob Norton on the Affordable Care Act and how NSMC is responding. Also, a story on the new central utility plant being built in the Salem Campus and an overview on the new “green” linen policy being rolled out across Partners.
nsmc Giving October 2012
- In this issue, read a cover story on the proposed renovation and expansion of NSMC’s Special Care Nursery, the centerpiece of the neonatology program. Also included is coverage of the North Shore Cancer WALK and RUN, information on NSMC’s new mobile website, an 1874 Society honor roll of donors and a calendar of upcoming events.
nsmc NOW September 2012
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s “Made Someone’s Day?” employee recognition program which has honored more than 8,000 staff members to date. Also featured is an update on the IPACE care delivery model that is being piloted on the Salem Campus and a look at NSMC’s new mobile website.
nsmc NOW July/August 2012
- This issue features coverage of the annual North Shore Cancer WALK/RUN, a story on NSMC’s expanded tobacco-free policy, information on the new safety reporting system and a look at some of NSMC’s newest physicians.
nsmc NOW June 2012
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s innovative Care Management Program, which will triple in size over the next year. Also, a story on a renovation project set to begin this fall on the Salem Hospital inpatient oncology unit, a list of the 2012 nursing award recipients and a letter from a grateful patient sent to the Birthplace.
nsmc NOW April/May 2012
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s new initiative to improve the patient experience and related training for staff. Also included is a story on Partners’ effort to choose a new system-wide clinical information system, a letter from a family to the Union Hospital ICU staff about their great care and a look at some recent additions to the NSMC medical staff.
nsmc Giving April 2012
- In this issue, read a cover story on the 2012 North Shore Cancer WALK/RUN and plans to renovate the inpatient oncology unit at NSMC Salem Hospital. Also included is a story on a Lexington couple who are funding a new stress reduction program for pre-teens, an article on a bequest made by a former Salem Hospital nurse and the annual Honor Roll of Donors.
nsmc NOW March 2012
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s impressive efforts to raise awareness around organ donation and maximize the number of eligible referrals to the New England Organ Bank. Also included is a story on two NSMC employees who have been conducting process improvement workshops in Doha, Qatar, with Partners Healthcare International, and information on NSMC’s annual employee golf tournament.
The Healthy Life Winter 2012
- In this issue we discuss radial cardiac catheterization, hip surgery and the latest frontier of fighting lung cancer: genetically-targeted drugs that are able to address the specific genetic mutation behind a particular cancer and interrupt its mechanism.
nsmc NOW February 2012
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s Inpatient Transformation Team focused on Cardiology (ITTC) and their efforts to create a more efficient, patient-centered care model. Also a story on a new critical thinking education program for nurses, a profile of Mark Blass, Executive Director of North Shore Health System and more!
nsmc NOW December 2011/January 2012
- This issue features a cover story on NSMC’s contribution to the care of 22 wounded Libyan freedom fighters who received care at Spaulding North Shore this past fall. Also a story on an innovative new technology being used to set PICC lines at NSMC, coverage of the 16th annual Partners in Excellence award ceremony and a look at some of NSMC’s newest physicians.
nsmc NOW November 2011
- This issue features a cover story on HYPQUIT, a new research study being conducted at NSMC examining how hypnotherapy can impact a smoker’s motivation to quit and lessen the urge to start again. Also included is a story on Toss it Tuesday, a twice-yearly event held to weed out old forms, and an article on a new inventory management program recently rolled out in the Union Hospital ED.
nsmc NOW October 2011
- This issue features a cover story on the Patient-Centered Medical Home care model being rolled out at all North Shore Physicians Group practices over the next 18 months. Also included is a piece on the NSMC Flu Fighters, stars of a video promoting safe practices during flu season, and an article on new patient satisfaction data displays being installed in all inpatient units.
nsmc Giving September 2011
- In this issue, read a cover story on the completion of the $15 million Best Care, Right Place campaign. Also included is a story on the Davenport family, longtime supporters of NSMC, and coverage of the successful 2011 North Shore Cancer WALK/RUN.
nsmc NOW September 2011
- This issue features a cover story on the completion of the $15 million Best Care, Right Place fundraising campaign. Also included is a story on NSMC’s dynamic new website, an introduction to the work-place safety hotline and a look at NSMC’s newest physicians.
nsmc NOW July/August 2011
- This issue features coverage of the 2011 North Shore Cancer WALK and 5K Cancer RUN – each of which drew record-setting crowds this past June 26. Also included is a story on NSMC plastic surgeon Sheldon Sevinor, M.D., and his recent appearance on “The View” and a story on the new Mindfulness-Based Stress reduction program.
The Healthy Life Summer 2011
- In this issue we meet a Swampscott cheerleader who needed six weeks of recovery after a concussion, as well as a Beverly man who caught his heart disease just in time, and more.
nsmc NOW June 2011
- This issue features a cover story on the Medical Center’s newly renovated inpatient geriatric and pediatric psychiatry units and how they improve access to services and enhance the patient experience. Also included is a story on the Union Hospital Infusion Clinic and NSMC’s growing acupuncture service.
nsmc Giving March 2011
- In this special Year in Review issue, read an overview of NSMC’s key accomplishments for calendar year 2010. Also included is a Q and A with Gary Gottlieb, President and CEO of Partners HealthCare, and Robert Norton, President and CEO of NSMC, an article on wellness programs for cancer patients and the annual honor roll of donors.
The Healthy Life Winter 2011
- In this issue we discuss new options for hysterectomy, a Danvers man who is grateful for his timely colonoscopy, why family medicine is the best choice for many families, and much more.
Stay in touch about events and information sessions related to NSMC programs and services. Join email list
Giving to NSMC
There are many ways to make a difference for North Shore patients. Find out how you can help.
NSMC Salem Hospital
81 Highland Avenue
Salem MA 01970
North Shore Medical Center Obstetrics and Gynecology Providing high quality, comprehensive OB-GYN care, including assisted reproduction, a family-centered birth experience, and minimally invasive surgery.