From the moment you learned about your pregnancy, you’ve been planning every step of the way for the delivery. To help make your labor and delivery everything you and your family have hoped for, the staff at the North Shore Medical Center Birthplace has designed educational programs and birthing options to meet your every need. We are honored to be a part of your special birth experience.
Childbirth education classes are offered at different times and days, depending on the course. Topics covered include:
- What to expect during labor, delivery and the early postpartum period
- Physical, emotional and sexual changes during pregnancy
- Relaxation skills
- Comfort measures and breathing strategies during labor
- Tips for partners
- Possible complications during pregnancy
- Cesarean section delivery vs. vaginal delivery
- Pain management choices
- Infant care
The classes below will be offered for free to all participants for a short time. The cost associated with these classes will resume after our June classes.
Please check back often to see if we have added additional classes to the schedule.
Click on the classes above to register. If you are having trouble registering, please email us. Space is limited, but we will do our best to accommodate as many people as possible.
Additional childbirth classes and services for parents: