North Shore Medical Center’s registered dietitians provide nutrition education to help patients prevent and control cardiovascular diseases, such as hypertension, high cholesterol and elevated triglycerides. Patient education includes a one-on-one consultation to establish individualized goals for the reduction of cardiovascular risk factors and improvement of diet and lifestyle choices.
- Development of a personalized nutrition plan for a reduced saturated fat and sodium intake.
- Planning and preparation of tasty, heart healthy meals and snacks.
- Education on how to read food labels and grocery shop without sabotaging your wallet or meal plan.
- Provide strategies for healthy eating at a restaurant or social gathering.
- Create a personalized plan to monitor and foster progress.
- Regular follow-ups to reinforce and encourage achievement of goals.
- Continuous communication with members of the patient’s care team.