- What to expect during labor, delivery and the early postpartum period
- Physical, emotional and sexual changes during pregnancy
- Relaxation skills
- Comfort measures and breathing strategies during labor
- Tips for partners
- Possible complications during pregnancy
- Cesarean section delivery vs. vaginal delivery
- Pain management choices
- Successful breastfeeding
- Infant care
Classes currently available:
- Prepared Childbirth (6 hours), NSMC Salem Hospital, November 5 (9 - 3)
- Newborn Essentials (3 hours), NSMC Salem Hospital, November 7 (6 - 9)
- Breastfeeding Your Baby (2.5 hours), NSMC Salem Hospital, November 14 (6 - 8:30)
- Prepared Childbirth (6 hours), NSMC Salem Hospital, December 3 (9 - 3)
- Newborn Essentials (3 hours), NSMC Salem Hospital, December 5 (6 - 9)
- Breastfeeding Your Baby (2.5 hours), NSMC Salem Hospital, December 12 (6 - 8:30)
- Prepared Childbirth (6 hours), NSMC Salem Hospital, January 7 (9 - 3)
- Newborn Essentials (3 hours), NSMC Salem Hospital, January 9 (6 - 9)
- Breastfeeding (2.5 hours), NSMC Salem Hospital, January 11 (6 - 8:30)
There is a 10 percent discount for those who register for all three classes.
To receive this discount, you will need to register by phone by calling 978.354.2565. If you wish to register for only one or two of the classes, you may do so by clicking on your desired class above. Payment is required upon registration. Class fees cover the expectant mother and one (1) support person. Some insurance plans will reimburse for the cost of childbirth preparation classes. Following class completion, you will receive a certificate to submit to your insurance provider. If you are having trouble registering, please email us. Space is limited, but we will do our best to accommodate as many people as possible. If you have any questions, or if you would like information about financial assistance, please call 978-354-2565.
Infant and Child CPR
In this three hour course, a certified Basic Life Support (BLS) instructor and registered nurse teaches hands-on cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills and relief of choking using the teachings of the American Heart Association. This is a non-certifying course ideal for new parents, grandparents, babysitters and other members of the community interested in learning infant and child CPR.
- Infant and Child CPR, NSMC Salem Hospital, November 12, 2016 (9 a.m. - noon)
Additional services for parents:
- Parent Mentoring
- Family Resource Center conferences, lectures and family support programs
Cancellation and Refund Policy
NSMC reserves the right to cancel a class in the event of inclement weather or insufficient enrollment. You will be notified at least 24 hours prior if a class needs to be cancelled.
Options available to you if your class is cancelled:
- You may apply the money toward another class OR
- You may receive a full refund in the form of a check. Your refund will be given in check form regardless of how you paid. The process for issuing a check may take up to two weeks after the start date of the class.
If you need to cancel due to a medical issue that precludes you from attending or because you have delivered your baby already, we will provide a full refund upon receipt of physician documentation. You may change to a different class up to 3 business days before your class is scheduled, however, this will be subject to space availability. By registering for a class, you are agreeing to this policy.