Combination Option: Receive a 10% discount on our Prepared Childbirth, Newborn Essentials, and Breastfeeding your Baby classes by signing up for our Combo Class. After you pay for the combo class you must call 978-354-3909 in order for us to add you to the particular class date(s) you want. Topics covered:
- What to expect during labor, delivery and the early postpartum period
- Physical, emotional and sexual changes during pregnancy
- Relaxation skills
- Comfort measures and breathing strategies during labor
- Tips for partners
- Possible complications during pregnancy
- Cesarean section delivery vs. vaginal delivery
- Pain management choices
- Successful breastfeeding
- Infant care
Our classes take place on the Salem campus. Prepared Childbirth and Newborn Essentials are in Davenport 102B, and Breastfeeding classes are in Davenport 102A.
Payment is required upon registration; class fees cover the expectant mom and one (1) support person. Some insurance plans will reimburse for the cost of childbirth preparation classes. Following class completion, you will receive a certificate to submit to your insurance provider. If you are having trouble registering, please email us. Space is limited, but we will do our best to accommodate as many people as possible. If you have any questions, or if you would like information about financial assistance, please call 978.354.3909.
Infant and Child CPR
This course takes place in the D102B conference room on the Salem campus and is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
A certified Basic Life Support (BLS) instructor and registered nurse teach hands-on cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills and relief of choking using the teachings of the American Heart Association. This is a non-certifying course ideal for new parents, grandparents, babysitters and other members of the community interested in learning infant and child CPR.
- Infant and Child CPR, April 18 (9 - 12 noon)
- Infant and Child CPR, June 15 (9 - 12 noon)
- Infant and Child CPR, August 15 (9 - 12 noon)
- Infant and Child CPR, October 17 (9 - 12 noon)
- Infant and Child CPR, December 12 (9 - 12 noon)
Additional services for parents:
- Making New Connections: Breastfeeding Drop-in Support Group
- Parent Mentoring
- Family Resource Center workshops, educational support groups and family support programs
Cancellation and Refund Policy
NSMC reserves the right to cancel a class in the event of inclement weather or insufficient enrollment. You will be notified at least 24 hours prior if a class needs to be cancelled.
Options available to you if your class is cancelled:
- You may apply the money toward another class OR
- You may receive a full refund in the form of a check. Your refund will be given in check form regardless of how you paid. The process for issuing a check may take up to two weeks after the start date of the class.
If you need to cancel due to a medical issue that precludes you from attending or because you have delivered your baby already, we will provide a full refund upon receipt of physician documentation. You may change to a different class up to 3 business days before your class is scheduled, however, this will be subject to space availability. By registering for a class, you are agreeing to this policy.