Insurance and Payment
We recommend that you check with your health insurance provider before getting care, to make sure you understand your covered benefits and costs. Patients can get cost estimates of common health care services by using our online estimator tool, through Patient Gateway, or by calling Patient Billing Solutions at 617-726-3884. Learn more
A health insurance policy is a contract between a patient and the insurance company, not between the patient and NSMC. Our financial counselors do however help patients who want to better understand their coverage. Learn about our financial counseling and assistance services
Health Connector, Mass Health and Safety Net
Patients who want to apply for health insurance through The Health Connector may be assisted by NSMC financial counselors, who are all certified for this task. Patients who meet the eligibility requirements may also work with our staff to apply for Mass Health and Healthy Safety Net.
Making a Payment
- Pay online:
- Enroll at Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway to create an account and pay a bill online.
Checks and Credit Cards
- Checks, credit cards or debit cards made be used for co-pays or pre-payments only. We have a no-cash policy.
- To pay by credit card over the telephone, please call 617.726.3884.
- Checks may be mailed to P.O. Box 418393, Boston, MA, 02241
- Please use the address above regardless of where you were an inpatient and regardless of where you received outpatient services.
- Please include patient account number on the check.