Patient Family Advisory Council
"I have been a member of NSMC PFAC since 2008. Being a member has helped me understand at a deeper level how patients and community interact with the hospital. It has enabled me to make a worthwhile contribution to improving patient and community relations through my participation in work groups, sub-committees and projects.
One initiative that stands out for me was the End of Life Care effort to promote “The Conversation,” a project dedicated to helping people talk about their wishes for end-of-life care with their healthcare providers and family.
--Evelyn Wilson, PFAC community member
Annual Report and Accomplishments
- Click to view our most recent annual report
- Created the Your Medicine Cabinet brochure educating patients and their families about the proper way to dispose of medications and the dangers of misusing them.
- Provided a sounding board for the Emergency Department to Inpatient Improvement Team, regarding options when transfer is delayed.
- Assisted the Facilities Team in developing a proactive strategy for handling construction impact on the Salem campus, enhancing communication and minimizing disruptions to patients and families.
- Assisted in the revision of the communication and education tools for the Partners Falls Risk Assessment and Intervention Project, led by Patti Dykes, PhD, RN, Senior Nurse Scientist at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH), for use with patients and families.
Additional resources for patients and families: