Patient Family Advisory Council
Join our group
Our initiatives benefit greatly when we hear the perspectives of community members. Please contact us by phone at 978.354.3543 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know your areas of interest and how you might contribute to this work. We look forward to hearing from you! We meet the second Thursday of each month.
"I have been a member of PFAC since 2008. Being a member has helped me understand at a deeper level how patients and community interact with the hospital. It has enabled me to make a worthwhile contribution to improving patient and community relations through my participation in work groups, sub-committees and projects. One initiative that stands out for me was the End of Life Care effort to promote “The Conversation,” a project dedicated to helping people talk about their wishes for end-of-life care with their healthcare providers and family. --Evelyn Wilson, PFAC community member
Annual report and accomplishments
- Click to view our most recent annual report
- Provided feedback on Patient Communication Boards in patient rooms on new medical floor “Pingree 4”.
- Reviewed and provided feedback on the “Welcome to the Intensive Care Unit” pamphlet from the Critical Care Committee.
- 2 PFAC members joined:
- Relationship-Based Care Committee
- Trauma-Informed Care Committee
- Family Spokesperson Committee
- Monthly updates on NRC HCAHPS and Real-Time Surveys by the Quality Reporting & Data Analytics Program Manager; provide feedback to improve the patient experience.
- Provided feedback to MGB Patient Experience Leaders on 21st Century cures Act FAQ and Mass Highway Fact Sheet
- Informational presentation on SO/GI (Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity), “Caring for Transgender Patients at Salem Hospital”, and the Gender Affirming Inpatient Room Assignment policy.