Adult Partial Hospital
We are now providing an in-person or virtual option. Our virtual sessions take place on a secure and confidential platform. A requirement of admission to the in-person component of the partial program is that patients have been completely vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For patients 18 years and older
Our program offers intensive, five-days-a-week support for individuals who need more structure and clinical care than can be provided at an outpatient level for treatment of psychiatric or dual diagnosis issues. We offer both in-person and virtual options for care. Our in-person sessions do require that you are vaccinated.
Our day program begins at 8 a.m. We are a sober program for all participants. In a therapeutic environment it helps to support one another in this way. Medication management is provided and and abstaining from substances helps to ensure proper monitoring and safety.
We are a member of Mass General Brigham and work closely with Massachusetts General Hospital, McLean Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- Medication evaluation
- Intake assessment
- Daily individual meetings with your social worker/case manager
- Group educational sessions daily, focusing on coping skills to help you better manage your symptoms
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing techniques and Internal Family Systems therapy
- Follow-up planning, including referrals to appropriate clinicians, support groups and additional programs as needed (such as intensive outpatient programs for substance abuse or long-term day treatment programs for mental health issues)
- Transition plan for your return to work/school and family life
- Stephanie Ferraro, N.P., Supervising N.P.
- Mark Schechter, M.D., Supervising M.D., Chair of Psychiatry
- Francisco Covino-Deaso, N.P., Staff N.P.
- Maribeth Capparelli, L.M.H.C., Clinical Manager
- Elizabeth Stahl, L.I.C.S.W., Clinical Case Manager
- Issac Snow Pike, L.I.C.S.W., Clinical Case Manager
- Kyle Cameron-Burr, L.I.C.S.W., Clinical Case Manager
- Jessica Low, L.I.C.S.W., Clinical Case Manager
- Sarah Hernando, Patient Service Coordinator
Referrals can be made by fax, email, or through EPIC (if you are within the Mass General Brigham network). We accept referrals from outpatient treatment providers, primary care physicians, emergency departments, inpatient psychiatric units, residential treatment programs and, in some circumstances, we accept self-referrals.
Patients referred to the in-person program must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Get information on scheduling a COVID-19 vaccination appointment
EPIC: REF 11963 AMB referral to NS Adult Partial Hospitalization Program
Readmission can be arranged through standard referral procedures to help with recurrent symptoms and additional support as needed.
Salem HospitalAxelrod 7 West
81 Highland Avenue
Salem MA 01970