North Shore Medical Center offers comprehensive care for older patients who are experiencing acute psychiatric disorders, especially those complicated by medical or neurological problems (including patients in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease). Our adult and geriatric psychiatry specialists work with psychologists, social workers, mental health assistants, psychiatric nurses, dietitians, and occupational and physical therapists to provide the newest approved treatments. Our secure geriatric inpatient unit provides 24-hour care for adults aged 55 and older.
Find a Geriatric Psychiatrist
Conditions we treat
Anxiety, Bipolar disorder, Dementia with Behavioral Disturbance, Depression, Post-traumatic stress disorder, Schizoaffective disorder, Schizophrenia and Substance abuse.
Secure Inpatient Unit
Our inpatient unit provides 24-hour care for adults aged 55 and older. The following treatments are offered in a non-coercive environment:
- Discharge planning and referral
- Family support
- Group programming
- Medical management
- Occupational therapy assessment
- Ongoing psychiatric care and psychopharmacology
- Pet therapy
- Psychological and neuropsychological evaluation
- Recreational therapy
- Spirituality services
Transitional Psychiatric Care
We provide the following services to help ease the transition back to home for older patients and their families.
- Psychiatric outpatient services
- Partial hospitalization program
- Home care
- Partners Home Care can also coordinate medication assessments, nursing and rehabilitation therapy for patients returning to their homes.