For patients age 3-17
Patients age 3 to 17 who require an inpatient stay receive 24-hour care through our child and adolescent services program. We run two concurrent groups on our inpatient unit. Age, developmental stage and presenting problems determine which group is most appropriate for a particular child. In addition, we believe that children need physical activity and fresh air, so as often as possible we go outside as a group, or individually. We incorporate pet therapy, spirituality, music, yoga and other activities into the day.
We treat patients who are experiencing depression, anxiety, psychiatric disorders, post-traumatic stress disorders, and other behavioral problems. We use comprehensive psychological assessment and focused treatment interventions to stabilize acute psychiatric crises and help children and their families begin the process of growth and recovery.
Services and approach
We offer a nurturing and non-coercive environment for the following clinical services:
- Individual assessment and daily care by a child/adolescent psychiatrist and a case manager
- Psychopharmacology assessment
- Individual and family assessment, support and consultation, including weekly parent support group
- Liaison with referring clinicians, primary care physicians, school personnel, social agencies, and managed care programs
- Academic tutoring
- Psychological and neuropsychological evaluation
- Occupational therapy evaluation
- Recreational therapy
- Group and Individual therapy
- Pet therapy
- Discharge planning, including referral to outpatient providers, Partial Hospitalization, or other supports as needed.